22 March 2020
ALL foreign nationals with the following visa will be temporarily banned from entering the Philippines (highlighted our most impacted population):
- Those under Visa Waiver Agreements (AJACS, AJACSSUK, FSC, MCL);
- Those with Special Visas (SRRV, SIRV, ABTC, and economic zone visas, etc.);
- Those who fall under Executive Order No. 408, s 1960 (EO408);
- Those holders of Hong Kong-SAR, Macau-SAR, Macau-Portuguese, and British National Overseas Passports; and
- Those Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Visa Holders (i.e. 13, 9(d), 9(f), 9(g), 47(a)(2) EO 226, etc.)
- Holders of visas granted under MCL-07-021 (Chinese nationals married to Philippine citizens) and MCL-08-003 (South Korean nationals married to Philippine citizens);
- Holders of 9(e), Temporary Resident Visas, and 13(a) visas;
- Foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals;
- Foreign government and international organization officials accredited to the Philippines (diplomatic visas); and
- Foreign crew members
Impact on foreign nationals:
- Unless their visa falls under the exceptions, foreign nationals are advised to please refrain from travelling outside the Philippines.
- Otherwise, there is a risk of not being allowed to return during the effectivity of the ban.
- The restriction have no impact on foreign nationals who are currently in the country. This means that their existing work visas (and other types of visas) remain valid.
- Visa holders who decided to leave the country in the wake of this lockdown shall not be allowed to enter until the enhanced community quarantine has been lifted.