24 April 2020
President R. Duterte has approved the further extension of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) / lockdown in Metropolitan Manila, Central Luzon, Calabarzon, and other high-risk areas in Luzon (Pangasinan, Benguet, Albay, Catanduanes, and the Mindoro provinces) until 15 May 2020.
During this time, the travel ban as communicated last 22 March 2020 remains to be in effect (see note appended below)
Further to this, our office can still provide the following services remotely:
• Destination Relocation Services:
- Conduct needs assessment calls;
- Share housing market information;
- Share sample properties on-line;
- Conduct lease contract reviews and negotiation;
- Coordinate and assist in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
- Provide school information
- Coordinate temporary housing bookings.
- Provide information on bank accounts opening requirements.
- Provide information on local registration requirements.
• Immigration & Consular Services
Some government offices remain operational but are on skeletal force therefore presenting limited activity, thus the following services of the Bureau of Immigration have suspended the following until the ECQ has been lifted:
- Filing of applications of extension of/conversion to non-immigration/immigration visa including hearing/interview;
- Filing for downgrading of visa status;
- Filing for extension of tourist visa;
- Filing of applications of Special Work Permits / Provisional Work Permits;
- Filing for the renewal of ACR I-cars; and
- Implementation of BOC – approved visa applications for extension of / conversion to non-immigrant/immigration visas.
Foreign nationals whose visas will expire during the duration of the ECQ shall be allowed to file their applications for extension within 30 days from the lifting of the ECQ.
Lastly, Apostille and Legalization services with the Department of Foreign Affairs and the respective embassies are suspended until further notice.