14 May 2020
The whole of Metropolitan Manila (NCR), Cebu City, and the province of Laguna are considered high risk for CoVid-19 and remains to be on enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) until 31 May 2020 but in “modified” form, while the rest of the regions in the Philippines have transitioned to GCQ (General Community Quarantine). Businesses engaged in essential services will be allowed to partially operate, subject to strict quarantine measures. MECQ is effective from 16 to 31 May 2020.
Under the Modified ECQ:
- Limited movement within containment zone for obtaining essential services and work;
- Operation of selected manufacturing and processing plants up to maximum of 50% workforce;
- Limited transporting services for essential goods and services ((i.e. trucks, shuttle buses);
- Suspension of physical classes.
Modified ECQ at a Glance
Industry sectors and government agencies will operate on either a
50% capacity, work from home, or alternative work arrangement.
Select services remain suspended(i.e. home viewing, property inspection and
hand-over, new and extension visa applications, as well as apostille
and legalization services) while on MECQ.
Image 1: Phased transition from Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) to Modified ECQ which is applicable to Metro Manila (NCR), Cebu City, and the province of Laguna. | Source: Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO)
Mass public transportation will remain unavailable
to the general public, while public and private (company) shuttle services
will be provided to workers in industries allowed to operate
while on MECQ (essential services / frontliners).
Image 2: Transportation options available for workers in sectors that are allowed to operate at 50% capacity. |
Source: Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO)
Impact to our Assignees:
Foreign nationals who decide to return to their home country may leave. However, outbound international flights will be reduced to weekly flights.
- Inbound flights will remain restricted at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) until 10 June 2020 accommodating 400 passengers a day. Commercial flights will be allowed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Fridays through Sundays, upon receipt of approval from CAAP (Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines) 48 hours before the scheduled departure from the airport of origin.
- Exempted from the restrictions:enroute flights experiencing an emergency, cargo flights, air ambulance, military flights, weather mitigation flights, maintenance flights.
- Immigrant and non-immigrant visa holders (13, 9(d), 9(f), 9(g), 47(a)(2) EO 226 visas) returning to the Philippines to work (Inbound) who have decided to leave the country in the wake of this lockdown shall not be allowed to enter until the MECQ has been lifted.
- Foreign nationals under the visa waiver agreements, those permitted visa-free entry for periods ranging from 14 to 59 days, as well as those with temporary 9A visas issued by Philippine Foreign Service Posts will still not be allowed entry into the country.
- OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) / returning Filipinos including their foreign spouse and children will be allowed to return to the country.
- Foreign nationals should postpone travel to the Philippines until the lockdown has been lifted.
Upon Arrival in the Philippines
- Inbound foreign nationals and Filipinos are subject to strict immigration and quarantine protocols.
- Face to face appointments will be conducted only after the required 14-days quarantine.
- Enforced strict social distancing, use of facial mask, and frequent disinfection is required.
Commitment to Service Continuity and in Compliance to Public Health and Safety:
With other industry sectors and government agencies operating on a 50% capacity, work from home, or alternative work arrangement as well as mass public transportation still unavailable to the general public, Annexus International will continue to support our international assignees remotely by email, phone, WhatsApp and other service platform. The security of the data transfer is guaranteed and in compliance to GDPR protocols.
All accompanied services will resume once the restrictions have been lifted.
NOTE: The information we receive is constantly changing or being updated. Updates will be relayed to you accordingly.